Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Brian & I are gearing up for a busy weekend. We are attempting to have a church fundraiser at the Conoco station selling chili dogs & frybread to passers by in the Tusayan parade. We have had a couple people donate things to us which is so wonderful and a huge help. I just pray everything will go smoothly and we will get the permit we need.

On another note - we will be going to California this coming week to join Brian's family to remember his brother David's life. He passed away a year ago on the 8th from brain cancer - the most aggressive and worst kind a person could have. But he lived longer than the doctors said that he would, and he was able to meet his niece Mercy when she was 4 months old (she was alot chubbier). I know that it is always difficult to lose a loved one, and David lived a full life. I didn't really get a chance to know him as well as I would have liked, but the memories that I have of him while he was in his last months were sweet and caring.

Although we do not like to think of this or talk about suffering, I believe that suffering can be a chance to look at what is important in our lives and hang on to that. Instead of getting caught up in stuff that really isn't worth anything.

It will be good to be with Brian's family, and visit the beach for awhile. We'll only really be gone for 3 days straight, then we'll be on the road and his parents will be here for a few days.
I'd like to post something really thought provoking, but at this point am tired...
It has been a long day, and I need to relax now.

Blessings!

No comments: