Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Infanticide

My friend posted a video clip of Obama's stance on live-birth abortions that were supposedly passed in the Illinois Senate. I feel as if I have to post it because I had never heard of this before. I have tried to remain neutral about presidential candidacy, and am not promoting McCain either. I just think this practice is abhorrent and we need to be informed of the issues at hand.
So when I watched this video, there were a few things going on in my mind - 1)Why didn't this nurse speak out earlier or try to do something about what was going on? That part is left out of this video. Also this video can be quite manipulative - especially with the scene at the end.
We should have known abortion carried out to its extreme would result in this. Perhaps the issue of legalizing abortion has desensitized us so much that our national leaders are accepting of this practice.
A friend of mine and I were just having a conversation about becoming desensitized to issues that she once viewed as wrong - such as smoking marijuana. She said that before she came to this country - her view about it was that is was wrong. But coming here she has met so many people who smoke marijuana every day, and she would never have imagined that these "normal people" would be using. For her she is now wondering if it is so bad as she thought. This is called "desensitization." It can happen with any major issue. And I believe it has happened with this issue too. If you hang out with people who do somewhat questionable things opposed to your own morals and values soon you will become desensitized. This nation's leaders are becoming desensitized to the issues. We'll fight for animal rights, but what about the rights of these babies that are literally being left alone to die?
Here is the video -

No comments: